Decorative Landscape Curbing Near Me
- Please follow the guidelines below for your concrete landscape curbing: Keep pets, children, and objects away from the curb for at least 24 hours. It will be “hard” to the touch at this point, but will still need a few days to get completely hard.
- Sod laying, sprinkler work, and landscape work can be started 24 hours after installation; however caution must be taken as shovels, picks, and wheelbarrows can damage the curb for several days while it is fully curing.
- Decorative Concrete curbing can take 14-28 days to fully cure. You will see the color of the Decorative Concrete Curbing change during the curing process. Don’t worry; this is quite normal and it will achieve its final color when curing is complete.
- If you have a landscape contractor working for you, caution them about protecting the curb from damage. If wheelbarrows are used for hauling rock over the curb, put a mound of dirt over it (6” deep) or build a ramp over the curb to deep from cracking it. Never allow a tractor or a truck to run over the curb.
- Efflorescence (white powder substance) can appear on occasion and does not look good on curbing. It is generated from water sprinkling systems and can also appear after a rainstorm. Check your sprinkler heads while the system is on and try to adjust them to minimize the amount of water spraying directly on the curb. If you just planted sod and are watering frequently, efflorescence may appear more readily. Be patient, wait for your lawn to get established and clean the curb after it dries. A solution of 50/50 vinegar and water with a light brushing will remove efflorescence. You may have to do this a few times; eventually, the efflorescence should go away.
- Occasionally natural stone landscape curbing installed with color in it may look, “splotchy,” for a few days while in the curing process. This will go away as it cures and is not to be confused with efflorescence.
- If curbing is physically damaged and not due to our workmanship we will come back and make necessary repairs. If the repairs are not covered under warranty, there will be a minimum $500.00 charge.